Why Rost Therapy™ for pelvic girdle pain in pregnancy and postpartum?
This RTh course will give therapists techniques that are easy to integrate into clinical practice. Participants will be able to start practicing this approach immediately using the RTh toolbox, a mix of manual techniques, exercise, ADL recommendations and patient education that we have been teaching for over 30 years.
The Rost Therapy™ (RTh) method developed by Cecile Rost in the 90s is a biopsychosocial treatment approach for PGP. Its main goal is decreasing anxiety and foster self efficacy and independent self management. The course material covers theoretical knowledge of PGP, but more importantly, it also addresses its management from a broad perspective, beyond the pelvis.
After the experience that treating thousands of patients has given us, we have modified and improved RTh to simplify it and personalize it, making it more specific to each subtype of PGP patient we serve.
Join our more than 4000 RTh educated therapists worldwide.
Online course content
A combination of articles, presentations & lab videos is the new course format. The practical material will show you manual techniques and exercises to assess and treat PGP confidently. What the new video material includes:
- Evidence-based and up-to-date theoretical background of PGP. What is it, why does it occur and what can we do about it.
- Diagnostic and treatment techniques within the RTh framework. Learn how to evaluate and treat PGP patients effectively.
- Resources to use in clinical practice (assessment forms) and to share with your patients (handouts, Rost Moves Mamas app).
What students say about the online course
- To effectively treat pregnant and postpartum clients with PGP, using the RTh™ approach
- To understand the complex central and local inputs into PGP
- To learn about the changes in the pelvis during and after pregnancy
- To be current regarding the latest PGP guidelines, publications, assessment and treatments
- To recognize fear of movement, protective responses and abnormal motor patterns and to effectively treat these with education, postural modifications, manual and therapeutic exercises
- To assess when a multidisciplinary approach is required and which disciplines to involve
Online course target audience
Physiotherapists, chiropractors and osteopaths who treat sacro-iliac and pubic pain and dysfunction during pregnancy and beyond. This is also a course for all physiotherapists working with orthopaedic and persistent pain caseloads.
- Other health care professionals, such as movement therapists or licensed massage therapists are also invited to join the course to learn the fundamentals of PGP management.
Why learning about pelvic girdle pain?
Pelvic girdle pain in pregnancy and beyond can significantly impact function and quality of life, sometimes for years after postpartum. It’s a burden that affects an average of 45% of moms. Many women are told by their health professionals, including physiotherapists, that back pain is a normal part of pregnancy or that there is nothing much that can be done because they are pregnant.
Not only that, but they are told that their pelvis is “unstable”, that they should “be careful”, and that they should “limit their activity and avoid painful movements”, all of which perpetuate fear and pain.
We need professionals with a different approach to pelvic girdle pain (PGP), one that actually helps patients.
E-learning self study
Approximately 22 hours. You can complete the course at once or go at your own pace, adjusting the lessons to your available time. Just re-open the course and continue where you left it.
Diploma of completion
Pelvic Girdle Pain: the RTh™ approach – Diploma of course completion. After successful completion of the final multiple choice test your diploma will be placed in your profile, accredited for 22 study hours. Your profile will then be listed for 2 years on the ‘Find a Therapist’ database of our website, where patients all over the world can find you. You can update your profile at any time with up to three work addresses.
The Diploma of completion allows you to then obtain your certification either through the online practical exam or an in person certification course and to the official RTh™ certification pathway if you wish to continue your education as a PGP specialist.
This Diploma is equivalent in any education platform (Embodia, Bia Formations, etc.) that delivers this course.
- Full access to theoretical and practical course content
- Diploma of completion
- 2 years listing on the ‘Find a Therapist’ database with your public profile, as a schooled therapist
- Access to the private Facebook group of Rost Therapists™, to ask questions and debate all things PGP & coccydynia.
- Access to the RTh™ certification pathway & our live in person course PGP Level I: Rost Therapy™ certification.
We hope you enjoy this course as much as we enjoyed preparing it for you. Welcome to the RT community, and good luck!
By registering for this Course You are Agreeing to the following Copyright, Assumption of Risks and Responsibility and Liability Waiver:
Rost Therapy Course Material Copyright
All RTh developed course material is protected as RTh intellectual property. All original course materials, RTh made videos, tests, and similar materials, are protected by copyright law. Rost Therapy is the exclusive owner of the copyright in those materials RTh creates.
You may not reproduce, distribute or display (post/upload) lecture notes or recordings or course materials in any other way without express written consent. You also may not allow others to do so.
Lecture 2. 1
Lecture 2. 2
Lecture 2. 3
Lecture 2. 4
Lecture 2. 5
Lecture 2. 6
Lecture 2. 7
Lecture 2. 8
Lecture 3. 1
Lecture 3. 2
Lecture 3. 3
Lecture 3. 4
Lecture 3. 5
Lecture 3. 6
Lecture 3. 7
The live practical course will put the online theory into practice. During the Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) Level I – Rost Therapy™ Certification practical course, you will apply what you have learnt in this initial online course.
- Learn in depth about pelvic girdle pain symptoms, subtypes and updated research.
- Understand what happens in pregnancy and labour, how biomechanics and other factors affect PGP, what are the problems with activities of daily living that PGP patients have to face.
- Practice all the manual techniques and ADL modifications that effectively relieve pelvic girdle pain.
- Share and exchange ideas with teachers and participants, debate all things PGP and show your new aquired skills to treat these patients from a truly biopychosocial perspective.
After course completion you will become a certified Rost Therapist™ and gain access to our advanced practical courses (PGP Level II, in depth modules) & a 5-year listing at our Find a therapist database, where patients worldwide will be able to find you.
During our practical courses, you will share and exchange ideas with teachers and participants, debate all things pelvic pain and show your new aquired skills to treat these patients from a truly biopychosocial perspective.