What makes this tailbone pain course different?
In this physiotherapy course you will learn how to reduce tailbone pain with effective, non-nociceptive techniques, that are 100% EXTERNAL and thus non invasive.
It is very complete as a stand alone course, but it is designed to give you the basic knowledge you will need to join the practical course and further practice these techniques with other colleagues.
The online course comprises the fundamentals of coccydynia management: assessment, treatment, available evidence, self help techniques and homework exercises.
You will learn both how to treat in practice and how to teach patients to help themselves at home, at work and during physical activity.
- Gain insight into the biomechanics behind coccydynia
- Learn manual techniques to treat coccyx pain EXTERNALLY, in a non-invasive way
- Learn how to adapt activities of daily living (p.e. how to sit & stand up without pain)
- Learn about current treatment options and relevant research on tailbone pain
- Gain clinical reasoning skills to apply in practice and solve cases during the live practical course
- Prepare for the practical training day (OPTIONAL)
Why learning how to treat coccydynia?
Tailbone pain is present in both men and women, and accross all ages and cultures. Prevalence figures vary depending on the study, but we know that is more common during pregnancy and postpartum, after a fall or in professions that require sitting for long hours.
Coccydynia can make sitting, cycling or standing up from a sitting position excruciating, and can severely compromise the quality of life of those suffering it. Treatment can be internal (performed by doctors or pelvic physiotherapists) or external.
What are the practical advantages of joining this online course?
- You can follow this e-learning course on your own computer, at your own pace, in your own time.
- You will receive a certificate of completion after passing the final test. This certificate will allow you to join the practical live course to practice these techniques with other colleagues and discuss case studies.
- You will be listed on our RTh Therapists database, where patients all over the world can find you as a schooled coccydynia therapist.
- You will also have access to the continuously updated online course material for 2 years.
Physiotherapists, Chiropractors & Osteopaths. Other related professionals, such as massage therapists or movement specialists are also invited to join this online course for information purposes.
Online distance learning
Approximately 8 hours
€ 205,- euro (click here for the current conversion rate) including:
- Videos of diagnostic and safe therapeutic techniques, links to useful online videos on anatomy and biomechanics of tailbone pain, home exercise examples, a handout/poster on pain management for coccyx pain patients
- Final exam
- 2 years subscription and listing on our Google Maps database RTh Therapists on Rost Therapy.
- 2 years access to updated scientific findings and new material on coccydynia
What about the practical course?
Do you want to combine it with the practical course (External treatment for coccydynia) and get certified as a coccydynia therapist? Then your listing and access will be extended from 2 to 5 years, and a graduate cap will appear on your profile to indicate that you are a coccydynia therapist.
Do you have patients with acute or persistent coccydynia? Have you ever wanted to develop manual skills to treat coccydynia externally?
- How to apply non invasive and patient friendly manual techniques that are highly effective in the treatment of acute and persistent tailbone pain.
- How to assess coccyx dislocation and find patterns of referred coccyx pain.
Join us in this practical short course to master external pain free techniques for coccydynia. Remember that the online Coccydynia course is a prerequisite to attend this coccydynia live practical course.
For more information, clic on the practical course page.