PGP Level I: Rost Therapy™ certification
This course will put theory into practice. During this Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) Level I - Rost Therapy™ Certification live practical course, you will apply what you have learnt in the initial online course. After course completion you will become a certified Rost Therapist™ and gain access to our advanced practical courses (PGP Level II, in depth modules) & a 5-year listing at our Find a therapist database, where patients worldwide will be able to find you.
This course will put theory into practice. During this Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) Level I - Rost Therapy™ Certification live practical course, you will apply what you have learnt in the initial online course.
After course completion you will become a certified Rost Therapist™ and gain access to our advanced practical courses (PGP Level II, in depth modules) & a 5-year listing at our Find a therapist database, where patients worldwide will be able to find you.
Contact hours12 hrs
Online course22 hrs of self study
PlanningDay 1: 08 AM - 04 PM
Day 2: 08 AM - 04 PM
RequiredComplete the online course Pelvic Girdle Pain: the Rost Therapy™ approach before attending the practical course
This course is designed for all physiotherapists, chiropractors and osteopaths who treat sacro-iliac and pubic pain and dysfunction during pregnancy and beyond. This is also a course for all (specialized) physiotherapists working with orthopaedic and persistent pain caseloads.
- To be current regarding the latest PGP guidelines and publications
- To understand the complex changes in the pelvis during and after pregnancy
- To learn evidence based assessment for PGP
- To recognize abnormal motor patterns and make a correct diagnosis
- To effectively treat pregnant and postpartum clients with PGP, using the Rost Therapy™ approach
- To give preventive advice and effective exercises
- Prevent the recurrence of PGP
- To assess when a multidisciplinary approach is required and which disciplines to involve
It is often difficult to know where to start when working with someone with very acute back/pubic pain, especially in pregnancy. Many women are told by their health professionals, including physiotherapists, that back pain is a normal part of pregnancy, or that there is nothing much that can be done because they are pregnant.
Not only that, but they are told that their pelvis is “unstable”, that they should “be careful”, and that they should “limit their activity and avoid painful movements”, all of which perpetuate fear and pain. This course will give participants the confidence to treat these patients. The techniques are easy to integrate into clinical practice and participants will be able to start practicing this approach immediately.
Preparation for the practical training
All participants must complete the online course (Pelvic Girdle Pain: the Rost Therapy™ approach) before they participate in our in person practical training days. You will need this background knowledge to jump directly into the practical training of the in person course. The online preparatory course will lead you through publications, lab videos and text material for a better, evidence-based, understanding of the pelvic girdle pain syndrome.
The diploma of completion achieved at the end of the online course will allow you to join this practical PGP Level I: Rost Therapy™ certification course, where your updated knowledge on PGP will be implemented into clinical reasoning and hands on clinical practice.
Study hours and certificate
- This practical live course lasts now an average of 12 hours, or 18 if combined with other practical modules. Check the course agenda for more information.
- After completion you will obtain the Rost Therapy Level I certification, and you will be registered on our database for 5 years as an official Rost Therapist™.
8 – 40 participants
- Susannah Britnell (CA, UK, EU)
- Cecile Röst MSc (CA & EU)
- Ana van Dijk (EU)
- Sofía Quintana (EU)
Depending on group size and location more or less teachers and/or assistants will coach the group.
More information? Send an e-mail to Susannah Britnell for Canada courses (firstname.lastname@example.org) or directly to RTh (email@example.com) for EU courses.
Online course: € 345,-
Practical course registration: € 450,-
Total costs: € 795,-
Online course: € 345,-
Practical course registration: € 655,-
Total costs: € 1000,-